Point System for Florida Traffic Violations
Beat Your Traffic Ticket - Call Our Miami Traffic Ticket Defense Firm!
In Florida, pleading guilty to a moving traffic violation can result in
points being added to your driving record. Points have a way of adding
up and unless you take action to reduce your points or avoid having points
added, they can have a negative effect on your life and lifestyle.
If your points reach a certain level during any given period, your insurance
premiums will increase. If you receive 12 points within 12 months, your
driver's license will be suspended for 30 days. If you receive 18
points within an 18 month period, your driver's license will be suspended
for 3 months.
The Many Ways to Avoid Points
traffic ticket is not a traffic violation unless you plead guilty by paying the fine
or are found guilty in Traffic Court. In traffic cases, there may be many
possible ways to avoid or reduce points and fines you incur. It may even
be possible to get points removed after you have paid a fine, though that
can be more difficult.
Attorney Daniel Schulefand handles over 100 traffic cases throughout Florida
each week. He understands the many types of mistakes that police officers
can make, the careless bookkeeping that occurs, and numerous other ways
to reduce points. He and his associates will examine every possibility
and work to present a persuasive case on your behalf.
Florida Points System
- 15 Mph or Less Over Lawful or Posted Speed 3 Points
- 16 Mph or More Over Lawful or Posted Speed 4 Points
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Property Damage more than $50 6 Points
- Unlawful Speed Resulting in an Accident 6 Points
- Reckless Driving 4 Points
- Any Moving Violation Resulting in an Accident 4 Points
- Other Moving Violations 3 Points
- Open Container as an Operator 3 Points
- When traffic violations occur within a school zone or construction zone,
fines are doubled, with fines up to $1,000 and the need to complete a
Contact a Miami Traffic Ticket Attorney today to discuss points on your license.